enable_XXX options - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Peterson, Bjorn
Subject enable_XXX options
Date
List pgsql-performance

I have a query in my application that takes an unreasonable amount of time to complete (>4.5 hours execution time).   After reviewing the EXPLAIN and EXPLAIN ANALYZE output for that and similar queries, my colleagues and I determined that turning off the enable_nestloop option might help – we noticed dramatic speed improvements for that specific query after doing so (<2 minutes execution time).  I was warned not to mess with the enable_XXX options in a production environment, but does anyone see any problem with turning off the enable_nestloop option right before executing my query and turning it back on afterwards?

Bjorn Peterson

Software Engineer

Pearson School Technologies

Bloomington, MN

(952) 681-3384

This email may contain confidential
material. If you were not an intended recipient,