Re: Can't connect after restart - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthew T. O'Connor
Subject Re: Can't connect after restart
Date
List pgsql-general
Audrey Bergeron-Morin wrote:

>We've been having trouble with a pgSQL 8.0.3 install
>on a WXP machine. Install goes fine, DB works until we
>restart the machine, then we can't connect. First time
>we thought something was corrupted because we had a
>power outage, we uninstalled/reinstalled and it was
>fine until, again, we decided to reboot. We were
>thinking it was a problem with permissions, but it
>doesn't make much sense to me that it's working fine
>before we restart.
>
>So, what can I send you to better describe my problem?
>Do you think it could be a problem with permissions?
>How can I test to find out what the problem might be?

Have you looked at the postgersql log files to see if there are any
errors? Sounds like one possibility is that the PID file is not getting
deleted on reboot and needs to be manually removed so that the
postmaster restarts.  We need more information to diagnose the problem,
and the log files are a good place to start.