Re: Determine PG version used for initdb - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Determine PG version used for initdb
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hannes Dorbath wrote:
> Is it possible to determine if PG 8.0.1's initdb or PG 8.0.3's initdb
> was used to init a cluster? I fear I am accidental running a 8.0.1
> postmaster on a 8.0.3 cluster due to wrong env vars :(

show server_version;

from psql.

> Do I have to fear corruption btw?
>
> Thanks

Your PostgreSQL solutions provider, Command Prompt, Inc.
24x7 support - 1.800.492.2240, programming, and consulting
Home of PostgreSQL Replicator, plPHP, plPerlNG and pgPHPToolkit
http://www.commandprompt.com / http://www.postgresql.org