Re: Question - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Question
Date
List pgsql-performance
Perhaps choose a better subject than "question" next time?

Alejandro Lemus wrote:
> In the past week, one guy of Unix Group in Colombia
> say: "Postgrest in production is bat, if the power off
> in any time the datas is lost

Wrong. And it's called "PostgreSQL".

 > why this datas is in
> plain files. Postgrest no ssupport data bases with
> more 1 millon of records".

Wrong.

> Wath tell me in this respect?, is more best Informix
> as say

Your contact in the Unix Group in Columbia obviously talks on subjects
where he knows little. Perhaps re-evaluate anything else you've heard
from him.

You can find details on PostgreSQL at http://www.postgresql.org/,
including the manuals:
  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/index.html
The FAQ:
  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq/
Spanish/Brazilian communities, which might prove useful
  http://www.postgresql.org/community/international

PostgreSQL is licensed under the BSD licence, which means you can freely
download or deploy it in a commercial setting if you desire.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd