Re: TODO Item - Return compressed length of TOAST datatypes - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: TODO Item - Return compressed length of TOAST datatypes
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:

>>On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 03:01:46PM +1200, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
>>
>>>I have attached a little change to varlena.c that uses it. I left the
>>>ereport as it was, but am not fussed about it either way.
>

>>I am, because it gives useless messages to the translators to work on.
>

> Exactly.  I had already made a private note to fix that patch ---
> inventing your own random wording and punctuation for an extremely
> standard error message is simply Not Acceptable.

Apologies all, my "not fussed about it" was highly misleading - I had
already changed the error message as per Neil's suggestion in the
revised patch, but that was not obvious from my comment :-(

regards

Mark