Re: Error installing Postgres on Solaris 9 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Thanh Q Lam
Subject Re: Error installing Postgres on Solaris 9
Date
List pgsql-bugs
 content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-15">

My compiler is gcc 3.2.

Thanks,
Thanh

Michael Fuhr wrote:

  On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 02:25:07PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

    Hmm --- the "parse error" suggests that sys/socket.h on your platform
has some inclusion dependency that we are failing to provide for.  Can
you find out what it is?  (Hint: look for "projid_t")

I wonder what's different between Thanh's Solaris 9 box and mine.
Mine's a sparc with all recommended patches; my compiler is gcc
3.4.2.  I can build all versions of PostgreSQL from 7.2 through
HEAD (all from CVS) without any problems.

What version of PostgreSQL is this?  Based on the line numbers in
the configure script I'd guess 7.4.X.