Re: 1) Error event produced during 8.0.3 shutdown. 2) Likely rong interruption time reported in log files (8.0.0 and 8.0.3). - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Knut P Lehre
Subject Re: 1) Error event produced during 8.0.3 shutdown. 2) Likely rong interruption time reported in log files (8.0.0 and 8.0.3).
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
>OK. Event description is:
>>
>> "The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( PostgreSQL )
>> cannot be found.
>> The local computer may not have the necessary registry
>> information or message DLL files to display messages from a
>> remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag
>> to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for
>> details. The following information is part of the event: 2005-07-21
>> 09:47:39  LOG:  logger shutting down."
>>
>> So this does not indicate an error, just an ordinary
>> shutdown?
>Yes.
>Is this an installer-installed version? It looks like pgevent.dll is not
>properly registered, which really should've been taken care of by the
>installer..

All files are from an installer-installed version, but pgsql was not installed
by the installer on this computer. It was only registered as a service by
pg_ctl.

>That code needs to be completed with eventlog-level-matching logic that
>exists elsewhere. I'll take a look at doing this fairly soon.

I guess this is only a minor cosmetic thing, as long as people know that
everything is OK.

Thanks.
KP