Re: plpgsql raise - parameters can be expressions - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: plpgsql raise - parameters can be expressions
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> That doesn't bother me either, seeing that an undefined variable isn't
> detected at compile time anywhere else.  However, fixing the SQLSTATE
> tests by removing them doesn't seem like a great solution ...

Yeah, true, I can just invoke the function to trigger the undefined
variable error.

> Actually, the reason I didn't do something about RAISE in 8.0 was that
> I thought we should reconsider the whole design of the statement

The ensuing discussion on this sounds good to me; should I apply Pavel's
RAISE patch now, or wait for the subsequent work on specifying a
particular SQLSTATE?

-Neil