Re: Backup Compatibility between minor versions. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Howard Cole
Subject Re: Backup Compatibility between minor versions.
Date
Re: Backup Compatibility between minor versions.  (Douglas McNaught <doug@mcnaught.org>)
List pgsql-general
To improve compatibility, I created a backup on the linux system (8.0.1)
using plain format, data only with triggers disabled. However, when I
try to restore the plain sql on the windows machine (8.0.3) it fails
because the first insert command fails a foreign key constraint. Can I
disable foreign key checks for the duration of the restore?

Howard
www.selestial.com