Re: Escape handling in COPY, strings, psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: Escape handling in COPY, strings, psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I read the PHP addslashes() manual page:
>
>     http://us3.php.net/addslashes
>
> First, I see what people mean about PHP having most of the complex
> content in comments, rather than in the actual manual text, and this
> tendency is certainly something we want to avoid --- you end up having
> to digest all the comments to find the details that should be in the
> manual already.

Actually, all the comments are posted on the php-doc list, with
automatic urls in them for 'fixed in cvs', 'rejected', etc.

Each comment is supposed to be acted upon (ie. fixed in source), then
deleted.

There's still a lot of old comment around that hasn't had that treatment
though...

Chris