Re: Backup "Best Practices" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Israel Brewster
Subject Re: Backup "Best Practices"
Date
List pgsql-general
On Nov 23, 2016, at 10:31 AM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:

On 11/23/2016 11:20 AM, Israel Brewster wrote:
How do I determine which those are? Just based on the timestamp if the WAL file, such that I could do something like take the timestamp of the last basebackup and delete all WAL files older than that? Or is there a better way?

there's a tool, barman, I've never used but its supposed to greatly simplify this whole process...

http://www.pgbarman.org/

Definitely looks like something to try. Thanks!

Israel Brewster
Systems Analyst II
Ravn Alaska
5245 Airport Industrial Rd