Re: [HACKERS] read-only database - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Satoshi Nagayasu
Subject Re: [HACKERS] read-only database
Date
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>It's come up a few times ... more than an un-overridable read-only mode
>>anyway.  Also, I should think that those who want a secure read-only
>>mode want it enforced selectively --- for instance, assuredly read-only
>>for some users but not others.  I can hardly see any use case for the
>>patch as proposed; it seems to have all the disadvantages of a low-level
>>read-only mode (eg, not selective) without any of the advantages.

Our company has some PostgreSQL replication systems
for our customers. I need to switch the database state between
read-only and writable for recovering or maintenance.

As I mentioned before, I wanted to the read-only database mode.
It is the per-database state.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-03/msg00540.php

However, if it is not provided, we have to find alternative way
to get our purpose.

So I'm still looking for how to make the (user) database as read-only.

--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <nagayasus@nttdata.co.jp>
OpenSource Development Center,