Re: pl/pgsql enabled by default - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pl/pgsql enabled by default
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>Another problem with this proposal is that installations without
>shared-library support will stop working entirely.

How do we manage to run regression tests for such installations?

I guess the philosphical question is "do we make the default the most
common case and provide exceptions from it up and down, or do we make it
the most widely supportable  and hence minimal case?" I can see both
sides. I do wish we put the handlers somewhere other than the public
schema, though.

cheers

andrew