Re: Trimming the snapshots - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Raphaël Enrici
Subject Re: Trimming the snapshots
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:
> Hi Raphael

Hi Dave,

> I've been sorting out the snapshots directory on the new
> developer.pgadmin.org box and have kindof hit a brick wall with the
> Debian stuff because I don't know what can and can't be removed. What
> I'd like to do is remove all pre-1.3.0 snapshots as these are
> effectively outdated by 1.2.x (as well as versions of wx now everything
> runs with the stock version), and then implement automatic deletion of
> all but the 5 newest snapshots. For the src, win32, slackware and osx
> directories I'm using a script I knocked up to do this automatically,
> eg:
> /usr/local/bin/cull
> "/var/www/developer.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/slackware/pgadmin3-*.tgz
> " 5
> will delete all but the 5 newest files matching the pattern specified.
> Is it feasible to do something like this in the debian hierarchy, or is
> extra work required? What do you suggest?

Debian stuff must be indexed in some files (Release, Packages.gz,...) so
that it becomes available with apt.
Currently, the stuff available on developer.pgadmin.org is totally out
of date and the prefered version to use is the one in the Official
Debian archive. I'm really sorry about this situation but, as you know,
I really lack free time.
If all of this can wait a bit, I'll try to do some cleaning in the next
days. If it can't, I'd suggest you remove all the stuff but we might
hear (rightly unhappy) users crying around here.

If you want to be able to handle all the indexing by yourself (at least
for the snapshots), I could try to install the required Debian stuff on
developer.pgadmin.org (this is only perl scripts if I remember well).
What do you think about it ?

Regards,
Raphaël