Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>>My idea is that the second stage would just have them go to src/pl/plphp
>>and type 'gmake install'.
>

> Absolutely not.  It has to work as an independent package, not as
> something that expects to build inside an already-configured Postgres
> source tree.  That means its own configure etc.

Wait I am confused. Right now plPHP is setup to be a part of the source
tree. It uses ./configure --with-php etc...

So where are we going?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> Basically, we can keep the files in our CVS for ease of maintenance,
> but that is not going to show up at all in terms of what is shipped
> in the two tarballs --- they will be independent products.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Your PostgreSQL solutions provider, Command Prompt, Inc.
24x7 support - 1.800.492.2240, programming, and consulting
Home of PostgreSQL Replicator, plPHP, plPerlNG and pgPHPToolkit
http://www.commandprompt.com / http://www.postgresql.org