Re: Postgres vs Firebird? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Postgres vs Firebird?
Date
Re: Postgres vs Firebird?
List pgsql-general
Benjamin Smith wrote:
> As a long-time user of Postgres, (First started using it at 7.0) I'm reading
> recently that Firebird has been taking off as a database.
>
> Perhaps this is not the best place to ask this, but is there any compelling
> advantage to using Firebird over Postgres?

Firebird is a nice database but I don't think it can scale as well as
PostgreSQL. IIRC they just added support for SMP. Also, although their
community is very active I do not believe it is as large nor does it
have the commercial backing like PostgreSQL.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake
Command Prompt, Inc.