Is there a bug in the win32 pg_restore (version 8.02) ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Caduto
Subject Is there a bug in the win32 pg_restore (version 8.02) ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
I just tried to restore a db with the win32 pg_restore that shipped with 8.02 and I get to the part where
it prompts me for the password, and I enter it, then I get the following error:

C:\>pg_restore.exe --ignore-version --verbose --dbname=mandi_test -W -U postgres
  --port=5432 --host=192.168.1.23 "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop
\mandi.bak"
pg_restore: connecting to database for restore
Password:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] connection to database "mandi_test" failed: FATAL:
password authentication failed for user "postgres"
pg_restore: *** aborted because of error

I have the pg_hba.conf for my host set to md5, and if I change it to trust then I can do the restore.

update:  I just tried the pg_restore that has a version number of 8.0 and it works, definately seems to be
a bug in the 8.02 version (win32)

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design