Re: [pgsql-www] Software Patents - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] Software Patents
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 4/22/2005 1:19 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Alvaro Herrera wrote:

>> > So far only one person has said no (Neil). That is fairly clear to me.
>>
>> So far three core members have expressed their opinion: Bruce, Josh and
>> Marc.  What about the rest?  Peter, Jan, Tom?
>
> I don't think a core member has any special weight in this issue
> compared do a regular community member.

Agreed, so here is my opinion as a community member. As an open source
project, we are not a bystander but directly affected by the patent
stupidity practiced all over. And as such, we should express our opinion
about this matter.

Jan