Re: Proposed TODO: CREATE .... WITH OWNER; - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Proposed TODO: CREATE .... WITH OWNER;
Date
Re: Proposed TODO: CREATE .... WITH OWNER;
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Dennis and I are hashing this out on IRC.   The second option would be to
> simply put SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION statements before each and every
> statement in the pg_dump.   This would make each statement "atomic" as far as
> user ownership is concerned, with less changes than "WITH OWNER" would
> entail.

Uh, isn't that how we did it before?  Why is that better?

>> Not in 8.0.

> Of course not.    I'm talking for 8.1, or later.

No, you misunderstood me.  The bug of which you are complaining (namely,
ALTER OWNER not fixing the ACL list) is gone in 8.0; therefore you are
arguing from a faulty premise about whether this change is needed.