Hang up on connect - Mailing list pgsql-general

From vilson.farias
Subject Hang up on connect
Date
List pgsql-general
Greetings,

  I have a problem with one of my databases. When I try to connect to
one of my 3 databases using psql it's just hangs and I can't connect.
The other databases are still ok even after I get a hangup from the
damaged one.

  I'm sorry but I couldn't collect too much information. It simply
doesn't show any error messages or warnings.

  The only valuable info collected was from single user connection
atempt. But I still not sure if that zero length record could be the
responsible for the problem.

-bash-2.05b$ postgres -D /home/postgres/data bxs
LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2005-04-15 18:01:28 BRT
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/A0A8034
LOG:  redo record is at 0/A0A8034; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown FALSE
LOG:  next transaction id: 202541; next oid: 202391
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG:  ReadRecord: record with zero length at 0/A0A8074
LOG:  redo is not required
LOG:  database system is ready

select * from cnfg_geral;
**hangs here**

By the way, pg_resetxlog doens't work too.

Has anyone seen something like this happening? Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Vilson

--
*José Vilson de Mello de Farias*