Re: performance hit for replication - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Matthew Nuzum
Subject Re: performance hit for replication
Date
List pgsql-performance
> >I'm eager to hear your thoughts and experiences,
> >

> Well with replicator you are going to take a pretty big hit initially
> during the full
> sync but then you could use batch replication and only replicate every
> 2-3 hours.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake

Thanks, I'm looking at your product and will contact you off list for more
details soon.

Out of curiosity, does batch mode produce a lighter load? Live updating will
provide maximum data security, and I'm most interested in how it affects the
server.

--
Matthew Nuzum <matt@followers.net>
www.followers.net - Makers of "Elite Content Management System"