Re: Foreign key slows down copy/insert - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Richard van den Berg
Subject Re: Foreign key slows down copy/insert
Date
List pgsql-performance
PFC wrote:
>     94 ms for an index scan ?
>     this look really slow...

That seems to be network latency. My psql client is connecting over
ethernet to the database server. Retrying the command gives very
different values, as low as 20ms. That 94ms was the highest I've seen.
Running the same command locally (via a Unix socket) yields 2.5 ms every
time.

Am I correct is assuming that the timings are calculated locally by psql
on my client, thus including network latency?

--
Richard van den Berg, CISSP
Trust Factory B.V. |     www.dna-portal.net