Re: [HACKERS] plPHP in core? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: [HACKERS] plPHP in core?
Date
List pgsql-general

>Or were you trying to say "let's ship it, and I don't care if major
>Linux distributors refuse to include it in their packaging because it's
>too hard to build that way"?

Close but not quite :). I was saying that Linux distributors are
going to do what their users want. Otherwise the distribution
dies.

So just because it is in core doesn't mean they have to package.
Also, alot of people compile from tarball to get an optimized version.
So having plPHP in core would be helpful for them.

>  Somehow that doesn't seem to square with
>the goal of making plPHP more available rather than less so.

Very true :)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake