Re: Check for existence of index - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Rysdam
Subject Re: Check for existence of index
Date
List pgsql-general
And another thing, can't I do this:

create table s.a (blah);
create table s.b (blah);

create index myindex on s.a(blah);
create index myindex on s.b(blah);

?  When I drop them I have to specify the schema name, so presumably it
tracks them that way.  Why can't I have the same index name be on
different tables?