Re: pgsql: Adjust SGML ulink tags to the URL is always - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: pgsql: Adjust SGML ulink tags to the URL is always
Date
List pgsql-committers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Please revert this patch.  It is nonsense.

http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/ulink.html says:

"When rendered online, it is natural to make the content of the ULink
element an active link. When rendered in print media, the URL might be
ignored, printed after the text of the link, or printed as a footnote."

I guess the question is how <ulink/> is actually handled by the SGML
tools we care about. Can we assume that _none_ of those tools will
ignore the "url" attribute in print media?

-Neil