Re: psql and pg_dump using obselete copy commands - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: psql and pg_dump using obselete copy commands
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> We have been telling people to use newer pg_dump's on older servers, but
> we only support reloading into the current PostgreSQL version, so I see
> no reason not to updated it to the current syntax.
>
> We added the new syntax in 7.3.
>
> Added to TODO:
>
>     o Update pg_dump to use the newer COPY syntax

I think you misunderstood me - all I think we should do is switch to
using PQgetCopyData instead of PQgetline (deprecated) if the libpq
pg_dump is built against has it.  (And the protocol supports it.)

Same for PQputCopyData vs. PQputline.

Chris