Re: Very strange query difference between 7.3.6 and 7.4.6 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Very strange query difference between 7.3.6 and 7.4.6
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>"Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> writes:
>

>>If you look at the second line in each explain it is the sort that is
>>causing the grief.
>>

>The aggregation is a great deal worse as well.  I suspect that for some
>reason the comparison operations involved in the sorting and grouping
>are much slower on the FC3 machine.  What are the data types of the
>leading sort keys ... and are you *certain* the FC3 database has
>LC_COLLATE and LC_CTYPE set to C?

Well I definately did a initdb --no-locale

34  bin/initdb -D cdata --no-locale

But I didn't specify LC_COLLATE or LC_CTYPE explicitly.

I did set LANG="C" in /etc/sysconfig/i18n however.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>            regards, tom lane

Attachment