Re: normal user dump gives error because of plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Sidney-Woollett
Subject Re: normal user dump gives error because of plpgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm pretty sure I had the same problem when using pg_restore. If
pl/pgsql is installed in template1, then the restore fails.

And I couldn't find any solution to this on the list either.

I definitely want pl/pgsql in template1 so that any databases I create
have access to pl/pgsql without having to explicitly install it in each
new db I create in the cluster.

Recreating the database using psql dbname < dump.sql does work OK, but
not pg_restore.

Can pg_restore be made to ignore the error?

John Sidney-Woollett