Re: We are not following the spec for HAVING without GROUP - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: We are not following the spec for HAVING without GROUP
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>>Comments?  Can anyone confirm whether DB2 or other databases allow
>>ungrouped column references with HAVING?
>
> Oracle does not allow such references.  It issues "ORA-00979: not a
> GROUP BY expression" when you try to hand it such a reference.
>
> MS SQL Server does not allow such references either, yielding
> "columnname is invalid in the HAVING clause because it is not
> contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause.".
>
> Can't comment about DB2.

MySQL allows it:

mysql> create table tab (col integer);
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec)

mysql> select col from tab having 2 > 1;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

mysql> insert into tab values (1);
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> select col from tab having 2 > 1;
+------+
| col  |
+------+
|    1 |