Re: PostgreSQL still for Linux only? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: PostgreSQL still for Linux only?
Date
Re: PostgreSQL still for Linux only?  (Alban Hertroys <alban@magproductions.nl>)
List pgsql-general

>The only additional thing I would add to this if it hasn't been mentioned
>already is that 2000 had/has some major security issues and even though 2003 is
>more secure out of the box from what I've experienced so far, I would **never**
>trust a windows box to anything other than my LAN using private IP blocks and if
>it has inbound access via a public IP then it would more certainly be behind
>another firewall that is NAT'ing/Port Forwarding its traffic.

Nobody should ever put a server regardless of OS on a public IP.
It should always be firewalled/Nat/Port Forwarding.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Attachment