Re: Help me recovering data - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Help me recovering data
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>Do you have a useful suggestion about how to fix it?  "Stop working" is
>handwaving and merely basically saying, "one of you people should do
>something about this" is not a solution to the problem, it's not even an
>approach towards a solution to the problem.

I believe that the ability for PostgreSQL to stop accepting
queries and to log to the file or STDERR why it stopped working
and how to resolve it is appropriate.

Also it is probably appropriate to warn ahead of time...

WARNING: Only 50,000 transactions left before lock out

  or something like that.