Re: Dealing with network-dead clients - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: Dealing with network-dead clients
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Richard Huxton wrote:
> Oliver Jowett wrote:
>
>> I'm currently trying to find a clean way to deal with network-dead
>> clients that are in a transaction and holding locks etc.
>>
> Have you come across the pgpool connection-pooling project?
> http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/

I've looked at it, haven't used it.

> Might be easier to put a timeout+disconnect in there.

It seems like I have the same design issues even if the code lives in
pgpool. Also, I'm reluctant to introduce another bit of software into
the system just for the sake of timeouts; we have no other need for
pgpool functionality.

-O