run httpd and postgresql on different machines ? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Chuming Chen
Subject run httpd and postgresql on different machines ?
Date
Re: run httpd and postgresql on different machines ?  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
Re: run httpd and postgresql on different machines ?  (Ron Mayer <rm_pg@cheapcomplexdevices.com>)
List pgsql-admin
Hi, all,

I want to set up a web site using apache httpd, php and postgresql. From
the performance point of view, which  architecture is better? 1)  Run
httpd and postgresql on the same machine; 2) Run postgresql on seperate
machine. My concern is that the machine I am going to run httpd has
limitted storage. I am expecting the increasing of postgresql database
once I set it ip.

Any suggestions and comments will be highly appreciated.

--
Chuming Chen
System Administrator