Re: Performance problem from migrating between versions! - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Kaloyan Iliev Iliev
Subject Re: Performance problem from migrating between versions!
Date
List pgsql-performance
Tom Lane wrote:

>I wouldn't recommend turning off hashagg as a permanent solution, it
>was just a quickie to verify my suspicion of where the memory was going.

Hi,

How to understant the upper sentence? I shouldn't turn "hashagg" off
permanently for this query or for the entire database. For now I turn it
off for this query, so it can work. If I shouldn't, then what should I
do? Will ANALYZE resove this?

Kaloyan Iliev