Re: ntfs for windows port rc5-2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From J. Greenlees
Subject Re: ntfs for windows port rc5-2
Date
List pgsql-general

Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>>Really? The code for checking the filesystem type is only executed if
>>>you chose to initdb, so I really don't see this happening.
>>
>>Exactly what
>>
>>>message do you get?
>>>

>>Log in the temp install dir:
>>The Cacls command can be run only on disk drives that use the
>>NTFS file
>>system
>>
>>I'll have to rip half or more of the full log as it seems to
>>be to large
>>for the list to accept
>

> I assume you are talking about the initdb.log file? That file is created
> by initdb.bat, which should only be called when you choose to run
> initdb. Exactly which options did you specify during the installation?
>
> //Magnus

with msi installer, options are only for where to install, until initdb
stage. chose no at that point, and it installs, then errors and
completely un-installs.
leaving a dir struct under program files with a single file: pgperm.log
under the directory with the msi files in it there is a full install
log, which the list has twice refused to accept as being to large.