Has anybody tried porting PostgreSQL to a "stack machine" or "accumulator machine"? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Benjamin Arai
Subject Has anybody tried porting PostgreSQL to a "stack machine" or "accumulator machine"?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Has anybody tried porting PostgreSQL to a "stack machine" or
"accumulator machine"?

More specifically, how specialized is the source code in PostgreSQL,
would it be possible to port the PostgreSQL source to a older version of
GCC?  There are some stack and accumulator based machines that contain
stripped down versions of GCC, so I am trying to figure out if I should
attempt to port the source or if its not possible.

Benjamin Arai
barai@cs.ucr.edu