Re: Comment 1976 added to page installation.html of version - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Comment 1976 added to page installation.html of version
Date
List pgsql-www
Tom Lane wrote:
> Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> writes:
>
>>This seems more appropriate to be forwarded to the Debian packager, or
>>the docs people.
>
> The whole thing belongs nowhere in our docs anyway.  It is not our
> business to document decisions made by downstream packagers; it is
> theirs.

Ok.

Is is worth making a note of, that its different for Debian, just so
that people using Debian but new to PostgreSQL will be aware of it?

In the SysAdmin part of the docs, we document shared memory (and
similar) settings for various platforms, so I was thinking along that line.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--
"One who sees the invisible can do the impossible."
  + Frank Gaines