Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Candidate 3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron Mayer
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Candidate 3
Date
List pgsql-general
RC3 on Microsoft VirtualPC with Debian Testing passes all tests.

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> We're always looking to improve that list, so we encourage anyone that
> is running a platform not listed to please report on any success or
> failures with Release Candidate 3.

Running a fresh install of Debian/Testing on Microsoft VirtualPC works
fine.   I'm not sure if this counts as a separate platform or not, since
all it really says is that VirtualPC emulates a PC well enough.  It's a
pretty nice way of running Linux servers on sales guy's windows laptop.

$ make check
[...]
  All 96 tests passed.