Re: Multiple language support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Multiple language support
Date
List pgsql-hackers

lsunley@mb.sympatico.ca wrote:

>Are there any plans for modifying the message outputs from the programs to
>support multiple languages?
>
>Most of the messages (at least in things like the database engine and
>utilities like initdb etc) have messages hard coded in English. This does
>not affect me very much, but I have at least 6 beta testers for the
>postgreSQL OS/2 port that are based in Germany and one in Italy, and
>another in the Netherlands.
>
>Or am I missing something somewhere?

You are missing more than just something.

What do you think all those .po files are sitting in your source tree?

Why do you think we have a topic on this on the developers' web site:
http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/nlsstatus/

cheers

andrew