Re: 3rd RFD: comp.databases.postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: 3rd RFD: comp.databases.postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/3/2004 1:59 PM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Net Virtual Mailing Lists wrote:
>
>> My only suggestion:
>>
>> I don't care what you do with the newsgroups, just don't screw with the
>> mailing lists.  If the mailing lists go away, I will be *EXTREMELY*
>> disappointed!
>
> this RFD in no way affects the mailing lists, and is in no way an
> 'official PostgreSQL newsgruop' ... the 'official newsgroups' are the
> gated ones under pgsql.* ...

So the current state of affairs is that we have the gated, official
pgsql.* newsgroups, and the comp.* stuff is not gated in either direction?

If that's the case, there should be a weekly/monthly reminder posting on
the comp.* side set up, pointing out that these are not official groups
and that real PostgreSQL questions are better asked somewhere else, if
the intention is to reach real developers and get real help. I don't
want to see people wasting a lot of time or getting confused because
they found the wrong newsgroups first.

Jan