Re: Documentation distribution - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Documentation distribution
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
blacknoz@club-internet.fr wrote:
> HI ANDREAS (you told to shout isn't it ?) ;)

got it!

> Can you detail a little more please ? I don't measure the changes you described in your last mail.
> Does it mean we won't package anymore the PG doc & pga3 doc as flat files and will just include a .zip ?

Right. doc/en_US includes pgadmin3.zip and tips.txt only.

> Why not a tgz or whatever is closer to *nix ?

Because the zip is read using wxFileSystem with wxZipFSHandler, i.e. as
a "zip file system". There' no such beast as a tgzFileSystem. The file
is *not* extracted on the target system.

Regards,
Andreas