Re: patch: plpgsql - access records with rec.(expr) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: patch: plpgsql - access records with rec.(expr)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Mike Rylander wrote:
> As an alternative, what would be the possibility of creating a new PL
> as a contrib module, say PLPGSQL_NG, to move forward with extensions
> like this and perhaps EVALUATE?

I think the idea of rewriting PL/PgSQL from scratch has merit (and it's
something that I think would be well worth doing). IMHO it's not really
worth the trouble to fork the existing code base and add new features to
something that, hopefully, has a limited life span.

-Neil