Re: There's any version that work on Windows 2000?? - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: There's any version that work on Windows 2000??
Date
List pgsql-patches
ctnan@adinet.com.uy wrote:
> There is no way to install "PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Beta4" and any other version
> in my windows 2000. No matter what user i use or any kind of configuration
> option combination it's allways the same.

This is the wrong list for reporting installer bugs. You should probably
try contacting windows-installer team as it's not part of the core
PostgreSQL database anyway.
   http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pginstaller/
They have bug trackers and mailing lists available. It's worth checking
the mailing list archives to see if anyone else has similar problems.

Also check the FAQ:
   http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org/FAQ_windows.html
It notes that firewall/antivirus programs can cause problems - check
your logs.

For what it's worth, I've not seen reports like yours before, so there
could be something different about your Windows 2000 machine versus most
people's.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd