Re: PostgreSQL on Guest Host (VMWare) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: PostgreSQL on Guest Host (VMWare)
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/15/2004 5:05 PM, ON.KG wrote:
> Hi!

> VMware 4.0
> Main host is WinXP Pro (on FAT32)
> and Guest Host is WinXP Pro (on NTFS)

I hope you're running the guest with fully preallocated virtual disks.
Any FAT inconsistency caused by a system crash could destroy your entire
guest otherwise.

> On Guest Host - PostgreSQL 8.0-beta2-dev3
>
>From Main host i'm trying to connect to PostgreSQL to Guest host
> But as a result i'm receiving next message:
>
> Connection Refused (0x0000274D/10061)
> Is the server running on host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and accepting TCP/IP
> connections on port 5432?
>
> Tell me please, what is the problem?

Windows XP has some basic firewall functionality. Could it be that this
is blocking inbound access on the Guest side?

Jan