Re: PostgreSQL in the press again - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Thomas Hallgren
Subject Re: PostgreSQL in the press again
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
 > We definitely concur with that, which is why we are re-writing it ...
 > going to Java, as Andrew has mentioned, was *not* a design decision that
 > we made, but was made for us :(

Now I get really curious. Why would Java be a bad choice for a
replication engine? I would consider it an excellent choice, provided of
course that the people tasked with the implementation had the right
skills. C-JDBC for instance, is written in Java.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren