Re: Increasing the length of pg_stat_activity.current_query... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gaetano Mendola
Subject Re: Increasing the length of pg_stat_activity.current_query...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:> Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:>>>>>What do you think is broken about fragmented UDP
packets?>>>>Fragmentationhappens at the IP protocol level, the kernel is responsible for>>reassembly. There's nothing
forthe application level to handle.>>> And, by the same token, on platforms where it is broken there is nothing> we can
doabout it.

Like what? If the OS can not handle UDP reassembly then we have some other problems
around
I think the OS breakage is a non issue here.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola