Re: pg buildfarm status update - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pg buildfarm status update
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Reini Urban wrote:

> Andrew Dunstan schrieb:
>
>> The PG buildfarm has been operational for a little while now, thanks
>> to Joshua and CommandPrompt for the server space. You can see the
>> current status at:
>>
>> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl
>>
>> Today for the first time I got a Windows client working, and will be
>> putting the code changes in CVS on pgfoundry soon. Then I will turn
>> to improving the web interface, moving from the rather severely
>> functional setup currently used.
>

> Could loris also be used to do the cygwin and MSVC builds?

Cygwin is next on my list. The buildfarm client script does full server
builds, so MSVC isn't on the radar right now. FYI the steps in the
process are (more or less):
configuremakemake checkmake contribmake installinitdbstartdbmake installcheckmake contrib installmake contrib
installcheckstopdb

I don't intend to use the machine that is loris for long - it's too slow
and memory bound. If anyone has a nice fast Windows machine with 1Gb+ of
Ram that we could use for a buildfarm client (Windows Native and/or
Cygwin) that would be awesome.

Also, if anyone managed to port ccache to Windows that would be huge
too. Using it on Unix has proved to be a major gain.

cheers

andrew