Re: [pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL.org Design Proposal - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alexey Borzov
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL.org Design Proposal
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi,

Josh Berkus wrote:
> The offered design is good looking and I think worth discussing further on the
> WWW list and here.

I think it is worth noting that everyone cheerleading for the latest design
trend is free to try to skin the "new" website. It is not too hard to do:
checkout portal/ part of pgweb module from gborg, stare intensely at the current
templates, prepare the new templates with the similar structure (update the PHP
code that handles them if needed), commit, celebrate.

> However, as Dave said, our current roadblock is getting implemented the design
> the WWW (Alexey, Dave, etc.) team have already completed;

I am glad to know that so many people helped me. Funnily I didn't quite notice
them (except for Robert Treat) when working on the new website's code and content.

Our current roadblock is *not* the new design (which is applied, see [1]), but
the content. The website todo list [2] outlines the stuff. Volunteers?..

[1] http://wwwdevel.postgresql.org/
[2] http://wwwdevel.postgresql.org/todo