Re: pg_dump on local Windows, pg_restore on Linux? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From James B. Byrne
Subject Re: pg_dump on local Windows, pg_restore on Linux?
Date
List pgsql-general
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 20:31:45 +0200
From: "Leif B. Kristensen" <leif@solumslekt.org>
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: pg_dump on local Windows, pg_restore on Linux?

On Wednesday 15. August 2007, Phoenix Kiula wrote:

>This is great info, thanks. Could you let me know how I could change
>the global values of "LC_ALL"?  I am on Linux too, just CentOS, but I
>suppose it should be the same or similar?

See: man local and man 1p locale and man 1p localedef and /etc/sysconfig/i18n

Do NOT manually set LC_ALL on a CentOS system unless you know exactly what
you are doing and what programs will be impacted.  If set then LC_ALL
overrides all of the individual LC_ settings.

Regards,

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3