Re: ERROR: missing FROM-clause entry for table on postgresql 8.1 not on 7.4; deleting from a join - Mailing list pgsql-general

From m laks
Subject Re: ERROR: missing FROM-clause entry for table on postgresql 8.1 not on 7.4; deleting from a join
Date
List pgsql-general
--- On Tue, 6/17/08, Jaime Casanova <systemguards@gmail.com> wrote:

maybe the add_missing_from parameter in postgresql.conf is what you
need to get some sleep :)
it's there for older application like yours

Dear Jaime,

Tommy's suggestion worked right away. I wanted to
understand more of the philiosphy behind what you wrote.

Looking around, I just found many references to changes like this

Now that DELETE has a USING clause, we should be able to make add_missing_from=false the default in 8.1; the attached patch implements this and updates the documentation. Barring any objections, I'll apply this tomorrow.
 Is there a canonical place to read more about this issue?

Thank you all so much!!!!!
Mitchell